A municipal Zoning By-law lists categories of land uses (e.g. agriculture, residential, commercial, etc.) and assigns each property one of these categories, lists what types of uses are allowed within a land use category, as well as requirements (e.g. building setbacks, minimum lot sizes, parking, etc.) for new development.

A Zoning By-law Amendment is a proposal to make a change to the Zoning By-law, either the requirements for new development, or a change to a property’s land use (e.g. from agriculture to residential).

Zoning By-law Amendment applications are decided on by the Municipal Council.


Zoning Amendments


Zoning By-Law Amendment Application

Letter of Authorization (Required if someone is filling out the application on behalf of the applicant) tooltipLetter of Authorization - An authorization letter gives a third party permission to act on the owners behalf. In the event that the owner is not making the permit application, the owner will need to draft a letter providing the name of the persons authorized to make application for required development permit for proposed work to be completed. Letter must be signed and dated.