A municipal Zoning By-law outlines requirements for new development (e.g. building setbacks, minimum lot sizes, parking, etc.). A Variance application is a proposal to deviate from these requirements.

Variance applications are decided on by the Municipal Council.




Variance Application

Letter of Authorization (Required if someone is filling out the application on behalf of the applicant) tooltipLetter of Authorization - An authorization letter gives a third party permission to act on the owners behalf. In the event that the owner is not making the permit application, the owner will need to draft a letter providing the name of the persons authorized to make application for required development permit for proposed work to be completed. Letter must be signed and dated.